Bridgestone Ecopia EP500
Type: Passenger / Summer
Key Facts about Bridgestone Ecopia EP500:
- Release Date: 2013
- Regions of sales: Eastern Asia, Northern America, Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia, Oceania
The first road tyre to feature Bridgestone’s ologic technologically, combining a large tyre diameter with a narrow tread pattern to reduce friction and resistance.
The EP500 also features Bridgestone’s Ecopia fuel saving technology to reduce energy consumption on the road, while maintaining traction.
- Lowers friction and deflection through use of ologic technology.
- Conserves energy and saves fuel by reducing rolling resistance through Ecopia technology.
- Large diameter with narrow tread pattern.
- Long contact patch improves grip.
- Original equipment to the BMW i3.
Type and Size
- Tire Model
- Bridgestone Ecopia EP500
- Car Type
- Rim Diameter
- 20 "
- 155 / 175 mm
- Aspect Ratio
- 55 / 60 %
- Mud and Snow
- Extra Load
Speed and Load
- Speed Index
- Q (max 100 mph)
- Load Index (max load for a tire)
Bridgestone Ecopia EP500 Sizes & Specifications
|R20||155/60 R20 80Q||155/60 R20||80Q|
|R20||175/55 R20 85Q||175/55 R20||85Q|
|R20||175/55 R20 89Q XL||175/55 R20||89Q||XL|
Questions and Answers
Jul 01, 2014
Ecopia EP500 & BMW i
When the BMW i concept was introduced to Bridgestone, it was immediately clear that it would require a unique tyre design to deliver the expected performance targets. Reducing your carbon footprint no longer means having to compromise on safety, comfort or handling. ECOPIA combines low rolling resistance with outstanding wet-weather safety and performance.