Continental CrossContact RX
- Participation of the tire models in professional tire tests and their test scores.
- Consumer reviews on the top tire selling websites.
We gather such data as the numbers of reviews and the ultimate score of the tire model on numerous tire-related websites such as amazon, tirerack, oponeo, simpletire, market.yandex, tyrereviews, and others.
- Reviews written by the visitors to our website tiresvote.com.
Value, max: 100
Popularity of the model 31:
- Year of manufacture.
- The premium brand factor .
- The number of video reviews of the tire on youtube.com .
- The number of news items about the model .
- The number of times the tire was involved in professional tire tests.
- The fact of the tire being on the bestseller lists on such reputed websites as amazon, tirerack, oponeo, simpletire, and others.
- The number of tire types and sizes .
Value, max: unlimited
Value, average: 27
Tire Rank :: Continental CrossContact RX
Crossover performance enhanced by German technology.
- Substantial road noise reduction for a smooth and quiet everyday ride.
- Excellent wet braking performance.
- Enhanced snow and wet traction for better driving safety.
Continental CrossContact RX is an asymmetric tire for SUVs and crossovers, presented by the German tire maker in 2019 as the second all-season development of this brand. The key features of this model include stable traction on slight snow, as well as on wet and dry pavement, smooth and noiseless ride, and exceptionally low rolling resistance (some sizes refer to Class A of the EU tire label). The optimized tread design of the Continental CrossContact RX ensures driving safety “in any weather conditions”. Yet with one reservation – in mild winters! This conclusion is prompted by the CrossContact RX tread pattern with a number of sipes, which is too small to ensure decent traction in deep or on hard-packed snow. The engineers primarily focused on increasing hydroplaning resistance and improving the new model’s wet traction. The circumferential drainage grooves and the numerous sipes in the tread blocks, including U-shaped ones, situated at different angles to the driving direction, completely fulfill the task. The wide and flat contact patch serves to increase the Cross Contact RX wet traction, as well as to reduce its stopping distance on wet pavement. The uniform distribution of pressure in the contact patch prevents uneven wear and extends tread life.
The varied pitch of the Continental CrossContact RX reduces the noise level and the rolling resistance, which is further cut down by the rubber compound with a high content of silica and other special fillers.
Type and Size
- Tire Model
- Continental / CrossContact RX
- Car Type
- Light Truck / SUV
- All Season
- Rim Diameter
- 17 / 19 / 21 / 22 "
- 215 / 235 / 255 / 275 mm
- Aspect Ratio
- 40 / 45 / 55 / 60 / 65 %
- Mud and Snow
- Extra Load
Speed and Load
- Speed Index
- H (max 130 mph) ... W (max 168 mph)
- Load Index (max load for a tire)
Continental / CrossContact RX Sizes & Specifications
|R17||215/60 R17 96H||215/60 R17||96H||
From 150.5, 2 offers
|R19||235/55 R19 101H||235/55 R19||101H||
From 138.0, 1 offer
|R19||255/65 R19 114V XL||255/65 R19||114V||XL||
From 174.2, 1 offer
|R21||275/40 R21 107H XL||275/40 R21||107H||XL||
From 250.9, 2 offers
|R22||275/45 R22 112W XL||275/45 R22||112W||XL||
From 235.1, 2 offers