- Participation of the tire models in professional tire tests and their test scores.
- Consumer reviews on the top tire selling websites.
We gather such data as the numbers of reviews and the ultimate score of the tire model on numerous tire-related websites such as amazon, tirerack, oponeo, simpletire, market.yandex, tyrereviews, and others.
- Reviews written by the visitors to our website tiresvote.com.
Value, max: 100
Popularity of the model 38:
- Year of manufacture.
- The premium brand factor .
- The number of video reviews of the tire on youtube.com .
- The number of news items about the model .
- The number of times the tire was involved in professional tire tests.
- The fact of the tire being on the bestseller lists on such reputed websites as amazon, tirerack, oponeo, simpletire, and others.
- The number of tire types and sizes .
Value, max: unlimited
Value, average: 27
Discover more with a tire that needs less.
German engineered safety for wherever you go.
- Pattern upgrade for reduced sound emissions.
- Reduced fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
- Go further thanks to the Green Chili™ 2.0 compound.
- Master every twist and turn with optimised grip and handling.
The Continental EcoContact 6Q appeared in the range of the German tire maker in 2020. When the tire was being designed, the goal was to chiefly cut down the noise emission at a speed of 50 km/h, which first of all must be interesting to the car makers looking to reduce the cabin noise in their cars. Nevertheless, this model has already been spotted on the aftermarket.
If we are to compare the tread patterns of EcoContact 6Q and EcoContact 6, the first thing that meets the eye is the absence of traversal drainage grooves in the shoulder areas. Possibly, this may have slightly compromised the wet traction ensured by the new “quiet” model, but the acoustic comfort has been significantly improved. What is also worth mentioning is the fact that the blocks in the shoulder area shrank in size, yet their number increased, just as the number of lamellas of quaint shapes in the central section of the tread, which ensured a better compromise between the tire’s wet and dry performance. Due to the asymmetric geometry of its ribs and lamellas, the Continental EcoContact 6Q maintains constant grip on the road, ensuring driving safety in any weather conditions. The increased tread life of the Eco Contact 6Q is due to the use of the proprietary rubber compound Green Chili of the second generation, while the fuel efficiency is ensured by better silica dispersion and stronger ties between polymers and silica particles, which ultimately results in lower rolling resistance. It must be noted that by 2020, the Continental EcoContact 6 was only spotted in one independent tire test conducted by ADAC, where it did not gain much recognition, only scoring the eighth place in the final standings.
Type and Size
- Tire Model
- Continental / EcoContact 6Q
- Car Type
- Rim Diameter
- 17 / 18 "
- 215 / 235 mm
- Aspect Ratio
- 50 / 65 %
- Mud and Snow
- Extra Load
Speed and Load
- Speed Index
- V (max 149 mph) ... W (max 168 mph)
- Load Index (max load for a tire)
Continental / EcoContact 6Q Sizes & Specifications
|Rim||Model||Size||Index||Features||Tire weight||Tread depth||Max inflation pressure (kpa)||Max inflation pressure||Load range||Max load||Approved rim width||Sidewall styling||Price|
|R17||235/65 R17 104V||235/65 R17||104V|
|R18||215/50 R18 92V||215/50 R18||92V|
|R18||215/50 R18 92W||215/50 R18||92W|