- Participation of the tire models in professional tire tests and their test scores.
- Consumer reviews on the top tire selling websites.
We gather such data as the numbers of reviews and the ultimate score of the tire model on numerous tire-related websites such as amazon, tirerack, oponeo, simpletire, market.yandex, tyrereviews, and others.
- Reviews written by the visitors to our website tiresvote.com.
Value, max: 100
Popularity of the model 14:
- Year of manufacture.
- The premium brand factor .
- The number of video reviews of the tire on youtube.com .
- The number of news items about the model .
- The number of times the tire was involved in professional tire tests.
- The fact of the tire being on the bestseller lists on such reputed websites as amazon, tirerack, oponeo, simpletire, and others.
- The number of tire types and sizes .
Value, max: unlimited
Value, average: 27
XAS - Driving precision
From its launch in 1965, the XAS remained the reference tyre until the end of the ʹ70s.
It was the first tyre with an asymmetrical tread pattern, with the inside and outside of the XAS working differently to give the vehicle an optimal balance.
As asymmetric as a foot!
Michelin made more progress by differentiating the many elements that form the tyre, leading to the creation of the XAS : the first tyre with an asymmetrical tread pattern. The XAS was developed by taking into account the separate type of work performed by the shoulders, sidewalls and various parts of the crown, depending on whether they are on the inner or outer side of the car. Just like a person’s foot is asymmetric, the inside and outside of a tyre work differently to provide the vehicle with optimal balance.
Like moving on rails!
This major development allowed the XAS tyre to provide:
- Outstanding stability
- Exceptional road holding in bends
- Previously unknown levels of grip in all conditions
It was the first standard tyre designed to run at 210 km/h (131 mph) and its exceptional performance naturally led to the XAS being used in Formula France racing from 1968 onwards, circuit racing, rallies and hill climbs.
Type and Size
- Tire Model
- 🏁 Michelin / XAS
- Car Type
- Rim Diameter
- 14 / 15 "
- 165 / 175 / 185 mm
- Aspect Ratio
- 70 / 80 %
- Mud and Snow
- Extra Load
Speed and Load
- Speed Index
- H (max 130 mph) ... V (max 149 mph)
- Load Index (max load for a tire)
🏁 Michelin / XAS Sizes & Specifications
|R14||165/80 R14 84H||165/80 R14||84H|
|R14||175/80 R14 88H||175/80 R14||88H|
|R14||185/70 R14 88V||185/70 R14||88V||
From 155.5, 1 offer
|R15||165/80 R15 86H||165/80 R15||86H|