Toyo Proxes 1
Type: Passenger / Summer
Key Facts about Toyo Proxes 1:
- Official Website
- Currently discontinued
- Regions of sales: Northern America
Built for many of the most powerful cars in the world, this max performance summer tire is the flagship for our legendary Proxes line of high performance products. The Proxes 1 is also our most technologically advanced tire, developed with a focus on high-speed performance, cornering, and braking.
- Reduces tread deformation for better steering response and high-speed stability.
- Improves handling performance.
- Outside: Engineered for cornering performance.
- Inside: Engineered for braking performance.
Unique tread compound and design: rear sizes (285 and wider):
- Improves cornering power.
- Improves vehicle balance.
- Obtains uniform contact pressure during cornering.
- Provides a wide water channel for better hydroplaning resistance.
Interlocking tread blocks:
- Improves directional stability in straightaway driving.
- Provides stability during cornering with slanted groove closure.
Silent wall technology:
- Reduces pipe resonance, resulting in a quieter ride.
Type and Size
- Tire Model
- Toyo Proxes 1
- Car Type
- Rim Diameter
- 18 / 19 "
- 235 / 245 / 255 / 265 / 285 / 295 / 305 mm
- Aspect Ratio
- 30 / 35 / 40 %
- Mud and Snow
- Extra Load
Speed and Load
- Speed Index
- Y (max 186 mph) ... ZR (max > 149 mph)
- Load Index (max load for a tire)
Toyo Proxes 1 Sizes & Specifications
|18||235/40 18 91ZR||235/40 18||91ZR|
|18||245/40 18 93ZR||245/40 18||93ZR|
|18||265/40 18 101ZR XL||265/40 18||101ZR||XL|
|18||295/35 18 99ZR||295/35 18||99ZR|
|19||235/35 19 87ZR||235/35 19||87ZR|
|19||255/35 19 96ZR XL||255/35 19||96ZR||XL|
|19||255/40 19 96ZR||255/40 19||96ZR|
|19||285/35 19 99ZR||285/35 19||99ZR|
|19||295/30 19 100ZR XL||295/30 19||100ZR||XL|
|R19||305/30 R19 102Y||305/30 R19||102Y|
|19||305/30 19 102ZR XL||305/30 19||102ZR||XL|
Questions and Answers
Aug 02, 2012
Tested: Max Performance Summer Tires | Tire Rack
We always look forward to testing Max Performance Summer tires - the proverbial running shoes for cars. They're the pinnacle in tire technology, blending the latest in tread compounds and internal components with highly engineered designs. To find out how they drive, we selected several of the best and two of the newest to compare.