Goodyear Enhances Its Winter Line-Up with New Ultragrip Range

July 19, 2019
Goodyear Enhances Its Winter Line-Up with New Ultragrip Range

The company launches top-of-the-line winter model Goodyear UltraGrip Performance+ for high-performance vehicles, Goodyear UltraGrip 9+ for smaller city cars, and Goodyear UltraGrip Cargo for commercial vehicles.

Goodyear UltraGrip Performance+

The Goodyear UltraGrip Performance+ ensures a better wet, dry and winter performance for high-performance cars thanks to two manufacturer-patented technologies. The first of them, Traction Protect, consists in adding a new resin to the rubber compound, which improves the deformation and reformation capabilities of the tire.

Goodyear UltraGrip Performance+
Goodyear UltraGrip Performance+

Winter Grip Technology carries a new compound mixture which leads to a better rubber elasticity at low temperatures, boosting grip on snow and ice.

The full size range of the Goodyear UltraGrip Performance+ model will be available by the end of June 2020, with more than half of the size range becoming available by August 2019.

Goodyear UltraGrip 9+

Goodyear UltraGrip 9+ is marketed as a model that is capable of handling rough road conditions caused by harsh winter conditions extremely well. The Mileage Plus technology protects the tire from cracks and detachment of rubber particles caused by rough road conditions.

Goodyear Ultra Grip 9+
Goodyear Ultra Grip 9+

The UltraGrip 9 Plus tire also incorporates Winter Grip Technology, giving it the same outstanding grip on snow and ice.

According to the manufacturer, around 69% of the UltraGrip 9+ sizes were already introduced by June 2019. The remaining 31% will be gradually released until September 2019.

Goodyear UltraGrip Cargo

Owners of commercial vehicles looking to keep their van on the road, even in the toughest winter conditions (and preferring Goodyear tires) now have the option to choose the UltraGrip Cargo. Thanks to different upgrades in tread design and compound mixture, Goodyear’s new winter tire for light trucks ensures an outstanding braking performance on snow and lowers the total cost of ownership by improving the tire’s mileage.

Goodyear Ultra Grip Cargo
Goodyear Ultra Grip Cargo

The size range of Goodyear UltraGrip Cargo, as is the custom with commercial tires, is not too wide, and is now fully available.