- Participation of the tire models in professional tire tests and their test scores.
- Consumer reviews on the top tire selling websites.
We gather such data as the numbers of reviews and the ultimate score of the tire model on numerous tire-related websites such as amazon, tirerack, oponeo, simpletire, market.yandex, tyrereviews, and others.
- Reviews written by the visitors to our website tiresvote.com.
Value, max: 100
Popularity of the model 29:
- Year of manufacture.
- The premium brand factor .
- The number of video reviews of the tire on youtube.com .
- The number of news items about the model .
- The number of times the tire was involved in professional tire tests.
- The fact of the tire being on the bestseller lists on such reputed websites as amazon, tirerack, oponeo, simpletire, and others.
- The number of tire types and sizes .
Value, max: unlimited
Value, average: 27
The Goodyear Cargo Marathon 2 is suitable for a wide variety of vans and pick-up trucks that is designed for outstanding treadlife. Powered with TredLife Technology, this tire is engineered for superb traction, enhanced durability and excellent on-road handling for smooth and comfortable ride.
- Superior Mileage (The Cargo Marathon 2 tread pattern design provides even footprint pressure distribution and incorporates a new advanced long wearing compound that delivers outstanding mileage for light commercial vehicles);
- Grip Performance (An enhanced silica compound that improves the contact with the road providing better grip while tread geometry provides excellent water dispersion on wet roads, greatly reducing risk of aquaplaning);
- Durability (Provides increased tread width and robust footprint for enhanced shoulder strength and durability in all conditions).
Goodyear Cargo Marathon 2 is a symmetric non-directional summer tire for commercial vehicles that combines outstanding strength, long tread life, excellent handling response, good hydroplaning resistance, and quiet comfortable ride. The Goodyear Cargo Marathon 2 tire was presented by the US manufacturer as a new product of the summer range 2019, which in Brazil, and some other regions of the world, will replace the light-truck tire model Goodyear G32 Cargo. We will also note that the Cargo Marathon tire, already familiar to European motorists, became the “donor” of the tread pattern for the new model. At the same time, whether Goodyear would bring the Cargo Marathon 2 to European markets and whether it will have the same design was not known at the time of publication of this article.
According to the manufacturer the Goodyear Cargo Marathon 2 became 10% more fuel-efficient in comparison with its predecessor, the Goodyear G32 Cargo model. In addition, it is 5% less noisy and has a 5% better handling performance. The 4-rib tread pattern of Cargo Marathon 2 evenly distributes the load, boosting grip and improving handling performance. Wide circumferential grooves quickly dispel water in the contact area, reducing the risk of hydroplaning. Also, the optimized tread design reduces the noise emission and improves the ride comfort.
The sipes on the tread blocks help maintain traction on slippery surfaces, while the silica-rich tread compound provides additional traction and braking performance in wet conditions. The reduced weight of the internal construction of the Goodyear Cargo Marathon 2 led to a reduction in rolling resistance, resulting in lower fuel consumption by the vehicle.
Type and Size
- Tire Model
- Goodyear / Cargo Marathon 2
- Car Type
- Light Truck / SUV
- Rim Diameter
- 15 / 16 "
- 205 / 215 / 225 mm
- Aspect Ratio
- 70 %
- Mud and Snow
- Extra Load
Speed and Load
- Speed Index
- R (max 106 mph) ... T (max 118 mph)
- Load Index (max load for a tire)
Goodyear / Cargo Marathon 2 Sizes & Specifications
|Rim||Model||Size||Index||Features||Tread depth||Overall diameter||Tire weight||Tread width||Load range||Max load||Section width||Rolling resistance||Price|
|R15||205/70 R15 106/104S||205/70 R15||106/104S||C|
|R15||225/70 R15 112/110R||225/70 R15||112/110R||C|
|R16||215/70 R16 108/106T||215/70 R16||108/106T||C|