GT Radial SportActive 2 SUV
- Participation of the tire models in professional tire tests and their test scores.
- Consumer reviews on the top tire selling websites.
We gather such data as the numbers of reviews and the ultimate score of the tire model on numerous tire-related websites such as amazon, tirerack, oponeo, simpletire, market.yandex, tyrereviews, and others.
- Reviews written by the visitors to our website tiresvote.com.
Value, max: 100
Popularity of the model 23:
- Year of manufacture.
- The premium brand factor .
- The number of video reviews of the tire on youtube.com .
- The number of news items about the model .
- The number of times the tire was involved in professional tire tests.
- The fact of the tire being on the bestseller lists on such reputed websites as amazon, tirerack, oponeo, simpletire, and others.
- The number of tire types and sizes .
Value, max: unlimited
Value, average: 27
- Official web page
- This tire replaced GT Radial / SportActive SUV
- This is SUV tire of: GT Radial / SportActive 2
- Available Sizes in Line: 3
- Year Released: 2021 New
- Regions for sale: Europe, Russia+
“THE SPORTACTIVE 2 SUV IS A PURE UHP TYRE DESIGNED TO SATISFY THE NEEDS FOR BIGGER SUVS. EXCEPTIONAL GRIP, SHORT BRAKING DISTANCES IN WET CONDITIONS, ARE AMONG THE KEY FEATURES OF THIS PRODUCT.”
- 4-5 wide grooves Exceptional water drainage
- Micro sipes on the contact area Additional grip effect
- Brand new compound Superb grip across wide temperature ranges, secures EU wet label "A"
- Optimized pattern block geometry & pitch Low noise tyre and more driving comfort
GT Radial SportActive 2 SUV is an Ultra-High Performance summer tire, meant to strengthen the position of its manufacturer on the European market. This model offers accurate steering response, stable wet and dry traction, long tread life, and, of course, pleasure from driving a powerful car with a high center of gravity. The GT Radial SportActive 2 SUV came to replace the 2017 model SportActive SUV. This model was designed by Giti Tire’s European Research & Development Centre in Hannover with testing at the company’s MIRA facility in the UK as well as in Papenburg, Germany, and IDIADA test track in Spain. The continuous central rib with diagonal notches improves the tire’s road holding ability and contributes to reducing dry braking distances. Special micro-sipes with a suction effect, located on one of the ribs of the central section, speed up the cleansing of the contact patch from water, thereby increasing the driving safety in rainy weather. The optimized tread block design and the multistep block arrangement dampen the road noise and increase the GT Radial SportActive 2 SUV ride smoothness. The rigid outer tread blocks increase the accuracy and crispness of steering response. The ability of the tread to cleanse itself quickly and efficiently from water is ensured by wide circumferential grooves that play the key part in combating the hydroplaning effect. Depending on the width of the tread, the tire has 4 or 5 circumferential grooves (5 grooves for the tires with the tread width over 265mm). Extra wet traction is ensured by silica-rich compound that maintains its performance in a wide range of temperatures. It also prevents overheating of the tread during high-speed driving, thus extending tread life. The GT Radial SportActive 2 SUV wet traction in accordance with the classification adopted in Europe belongs to class A, or at least such information is given on the company’s European website.
The renewed SportActive line also includes the GT Radial SportActive 2 tire, which can be fitted on a wide variety of passenger cars, such VW Golf and Passat, Ford Focus, Mercedes C and E class, BMW 3 series, and Audi A6.
Type and Size
- Tire Model
- GT Radial / SportActive 2 SUV
- Car Type
- Rim Diameter
- 19 / 20 "
- 235 / 255 / 275 mm
- Aspect Ratio
- 40 / 45 / 55 %
- Mud and Snow
- Extra Load
Speed and Load
- Speed Index
- W (max 168 mph) ... Y (max 186 mph)
- Load Index (max load for a tire)
GT Radial / SportActive 2 SUV Sizes & Specifications
|Rim||Model||Size||Index||Features||Tire weight||Tread depth||Max inflation pressure (kpa)||Max inflation pressure||Load range||Max load||Approved rim width||Sidewall styling||Price|
|R19||235/55 R19 105W XL||235/55 R19||105W||XL||XL|
|R20||255/45 R20 105W XL||255/45 R20||105W||XL||XL|
|R20||275/40 R20 106Y XL||275/40 R20||106Y||XL||XL|
Note! Have you driven on the GT Radial / SportActive 2 SUV tire?
Please help thousands of other drivers make an informed tire choice and pick the correct tires for their car by submitting your review of the GT Radial / SportActive 2 SUV.