Kumho Ecsta ASX KU21
Type: Passenger / All Season
Key Facts about Kumho Ecsta ASX KU21:
- Regions of sales: Eastern Asia, Northern America
An ultra high performer for all seasons, the Ecsta ASX combines outstanding wet and dry grip with high performance handling and competent snow traction. The asymmetrical tread design allows the ASX to be cross-rotated for reduced noise and everyday use. Specifically built for value-oriented drivers who do not want to skimp on performance, the Ecsta ASX delivers handling and grip performance that goes far beyond its price.
- Asymmetrical tread design optimizes all-season performance.
- High-tech silica compound delivers the optimum balance of wet and snow traction, treadwear and fuel efficiency.
- Large outside blocks maximize cornering performance.
- High-angle slant and circumferential grooves provide optimum water drainage to resist hydroplaning.
- E-technology step grooves and sipes increase edge effect for increased wet and snow performance.
- Multi-zone tread contour provides dynamic casing control for improved comfort and handling.
- ESCOT technology controls the tension throughout the casing to provide a comfortable ride and maintain performance handling.
- The jointless cap and edge covers keep the two full-width steel belts in place to ensure strength, stability and maximum footprint during high performance driving.
- Variable pitch tread blocks and cross-grooves reduce road harmonics for a quiet ride.
- Rim protector in lower sidewall safeguards wheel from scratches and abrasions.
Type and Size
- Tire Model
- Kumho Ecsta ASX KU21
- Car Type
- All Season
- Rim Diameter
- 16 / 17 / 18 "
- 205 / 215 / 225 / 235 / 245 / 255 mm
- Aspect Ratio
- 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 %
- Mud and Snow
- Extra Load
Speed and Load
- Speed Index
- W (max 168 mph) ... Z (max > 149 mph)
- Load Index (max load for a tire)
Kumho Ecsta ASX KU21 Sizes & Specifications
|R16||205/55 R16 91Z||205/55 R16||91Z|
|R16||215/50 R16 90W||215/50 R16||90W|
|R16||215/50 R16 90Z||215/50 R16||90Z|
|R17||215/45 R17 91Z||215/45 R17||91Z|
|R17||215/50 R17 95Z||215/50 R17||95Z|
|R17||225/45 R17 94Z||225/45 R17||94Z|
|R17||225/55 R17 97Z||225/55 R17||97Z|
|R17||235/45 R17 94Z||235/45 R17||94Z|
|R17||245/45 R17 95Z||245/45 R17||95Z|
|R17||255/45 R17 98Z||255/45 R17||98Z|
|R18||225/40 R18 92Z||225/40 R18||92Z|
|R18||235/50 R18 97Z||235/50 R18||97Z|
Questions and Answers
Mar 18, 2009
Tested: Reinventing an Icon I Tire Rack
Continuing the sporty heritage of the original Eagle GT and its successors, the new Goodyear Eagle GT is a more attractively priced companion to Goodyear's popular Eagle F1 All-Season in the Ultra High Performance All-Season category. It is designed to blend a stylish tread design with real wet and dry performance, reasonable road manners and some all-season light snow and slush capability.