Type: Passenger / Summer
Key Facts about Yokohama A008P:
- Currently discontinued
- This tire has been replaced by Yokohama A008P (NEW 2017)
- Release Date: 1989
- Regions of sales: Eastern Asia
The original “YOKOHAMA A008P” was unveiled in 1989. After receiving Porsche’s technical certification, the tyre was installed as original equipment on the Porsche 911 type 964. The “YOKOHAMA A008P” paved the way for Porsche’s steady use of YOKOHAMA brand tyres, including today’s flagship tyre, the “ADVAN Sport V105”. The “YOKOHAMA A008P” thus contributed to the spread of the YOKOHAMA brand name around the world, making it one of the Company’s historically important products.
- Asymmetric Tread Design - Delivers superior grip by putting more tread where it's needed.
- Straight-Groove Tread Design - Channels water for excellent drainage, while small indentions act as cooling holes.
- Asymmetric Tread Profile - Relatively round inside shoulder and square outside shoulder simulate toe-in effect and deliver negative camber thrust, increasing overall turning force.
- Advanced High-Grip Tread Compound - Resists heat build-up, for more secure grip during high-speed driving.
- H-Performance rated - H-performance rated up to 130 MPH.
Type and Size
- Tire Model
- Yokohama A008P
- Car Type
- Rim Diameter
- Aspect Ratio
- Mud and Snow
- Extra Load
Speed and Load
- Speed Index
- Load Index (max load for a tire)
Yokohama A008P Sizes & Specifications