Ultra High Performance Summer
- optimized for warm weather
- V-speed rated (240 km/h)
- deliver the ultimate dry and wet grip and handling
- low profile tires
- responsive handling and crisp steering response
- deliver a noisier ride than regular tires
- Typically 18 and above
- Designed with sporty handling in mind
- Ideal for performance cars
- OE fitment for margues like Porsche, BMW
UHP summer tires are generally low-profile, high-steering, response monsters made for cornering the hottest cars at the hottest speeds. They will almost always carry “V” or higher speed ratings. Their wet conditions capabilities will be more toward the useless side.
UHP tires can handle the extra horsepower of sports cars, but they’re pricier and don’t last as long as regular all-season tires.
Average predicted tread life is 35000 miles.
UHP tires have been around for decades but were traditionally found on high-end sports cars. Now more and more manufacturers are offering them on performance-tuned versions of mainstream vehicles, such as the Buick Regal GS, Chrysler 300S, and Ford Fiesta ST. Even the Chevrolet Impala and Lincoln MKZ come in versions that can be outfitted with UHP tires
- All Season