- Participation of the tire models in professional tire tests and their test scores.
- Consumer reviews on the top tire selling websites.
We gather such data as the numbers of reviews and the ultimate score of the tire model on numerous tire-related websites such as amazon, tirerack, oponeo, simpletire, market.yandex, tyrereviews, and others.
- Reviews written by the visitors to our website tiresvote.com.
Value, max: 100
Popularity of the model 42:
- Year of manufacture.
- The premium brand factor .
- The number of video reviews of the tire on youtube.com .
- The number of news items about the model .
- The number of times the tire was involved in professional tire tests.
- The fact of the tire being on the bestseller lists on such reputed websites as amazon, tirerack, oponeo, simpletire, and others.
- The number of tire types and sizes .
Value, max: unlimited
Value, average: 27
We spent several hours reading reviews from experts and tire owners. In summary, this is what people think about Michelin Pilot Sport 4. You can agree with these conclusions by voting for any item:
Reasons to buy vote if agree
— Links to resources with reviews to which we referred.
— Add your comment if you have any notes or objections.
Genuine Passion. Exceptional Drives. Derived from the legendary Michelin Pilot Super Sport, there is a new #1 in max performance summer tires.
- The Maximum Combined Performance.- 1st in dry lap time. - 1st in dry braking. - 1st in wet lap time. - 1st in wet braking. (Fall in love with your car's untapped potential with the best max performance tire. Our Dynamic Response Technology continuously adapts to the road for ultra-precise steering, outstanding cornering power and remarkably good treadlife for a summer tire. And our revolutionary Multi-Compound Construction delivers unmatched levels of dry and wet grip exactly where you need it).
- Experience added miles of exhilarating drives with 9% better treadlife than the Michelin Pilot Super Sport. (Michelin Total Performance overcomes the usual tradeoff of wear for grip to deliver both incredible traction and improved tread life).
- Premium Design and Rim Protector (Our premium touch finish provides a dark velvet effect on the external sidewall, while a deep rim protector guards against light wheel damage).
- Acclaimed by Premium Car Manufacturers (Homologated by Mercedes-Benz® AMG and Ferrari).
Type and Size
- Tire Model
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4
- Car Type
- Rim Diameter
- 17 / 18 / 19 / 20 / 21 "
- 205 / 215 / 225 / 235 / 245 / 255 / 265 / 275 / 295 / 315 / 325 mm
- Aspect Ratio
- 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 55 %
- Mud and Snow
- Extra Load
Speed and Load
- Speed Index
- W (max 168 mph) ... ZR (max > 149 mph)
- Load Index (max load for a tire)
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Sizes & Specifications
|Rim||Model||Size||Index||Features||Sidewall styling||Overall diameter||Section width||Approved rim width||Max inflation pressure||Utqg||Tire weight||Revs per mile||Load range||Measured rim width||Tread depth||Max load at cold inflation pressure|
|R17||205/40 R17 84Y XL||205/40 R17||84Y||XL||BW||23.5||8.4||7 - 8||50.0||320/AA/A||18.17||887.0||XL||7.5||9.5||1102.0|
|R17||225/55 R17 101Y XL||225/55 R17||101Y||XL||BW||26.8||9.2||6 - 8||50.0||320/AA/A||23.61||777.0||XL||7.0||9.5||1819.0|
|R17||235/45 R17 97Y XL||235/45 R17||97Y||XL||BW||25.4||9.3||7.5 - 9||50.0||320/AA/A||22.02||821.0||XL||8.0||9.5||1609.0|
|R18||215/40 R18 85Y||215/40 R18||85Y||BW||24.8||8.6||7 - 8.5||51.0||320/AA/A||20.39||840.0||7.5||9.5||1135.0|
|R18||225/40 R18 92Y XL||225/40 R18||92Y||XL||BW||25.1||9.1||7.5 - 9||50.0||320/AA/A||21.47||829.0||XL||8.0||9.5||1389.0|
|R18||225/45 R18 91W||225/45 R18||91W||BW||25.9||8.9||7 - 8.5||51.0||320/AA/A||21.27||802.0||7.5||9.5||1356.0|
|R18||235/45 R18 98Y XL||235/45 R18||98Y||XL||BW||26.3||9.3||7.5 - 9||50.0||320/AA/A||24.25||790.0||XL||8.0||9.0||1653.0|
|R18||245/40 R18 93Y||245/40 R18||93Y||BW||25.7||9.8||8 - 9.5||51.0||320/AA/A||24.8||809.0||8.5||9.5||1433.0|
|R19||225/40 R19 93Y XL||225/40 R19||93Y||XL||BW||26.1||9.1||7.5 - 9||50.0||320/AA/A||23.92||797.0||XL||8.0||9.5||1433.0|
|R19||255/35 R19 96Y XL||255/35 R19||96Y||XL||BW||26.0||10.2||8.5 - 10||50.0||320/AA/A||26.01||799.0||XL||9.0||9.5||1565.0|
|R19||255/40 R19 100W XL||255/40 R19||100W||XL||BW||27.1||10.2||8.5 - 10||50.0||320/AA/A||27.23||769.0||XL||9.0||9.5||1763.0|
|R19||255/45 R19 104Y XL||255/45 R19||104Y||XL||BW||28.1||10.0||8 - 9.5||50.0||320/AA/A||27.89||741.0||XL||8.5||9.5||1984.0|
|R19||265/45 R19 105Y XL||265/45 R19||105Y||XL||BW||28.4||10.5||8.5 - 10||50.0||300/AA/A||29.89||733.0||XL||9.0||9.5||2039.0|
|R19||295/40 R19 108Y XL||295/40 R19||108Y||XL||BW||28.3||11.8||10 - 11.5||50.0||300/AA/A||31.48||735.0||XL||10.5||9.5||2205.0|
|R20||255/40 R20 101Y XL||255/40 R20||101Y||XL||BW||28.0||10.2||8.5 - 10||50.0||320/AA/A||28.22||742.0||XL||9.0||9.5||1819.0|
|R20||275/40 R20 106Y XL||275/40 R20||106Y||XL||BW||28.7||10.9||9 - 11||50.0||300/AA/A||30.86||726.0||XL||9.5||9.5||2094.0|
|R20||315/35 R20 110Y XL||315/35 R20||110Y||XL||BW||28.7||12.6||10.5 - 12.5||50.0||300/AA/A||33.73||726.0||XL||11.0||9.5||2337.0|
|R21||275/35 R21 103Y XL||275/35 R21||103Y||XL||BW||28.5||10.9||9 - 11||50.0||300/AA/A||30.82||729.0||XL||9.5||9.5||1929.0|
|R21||315/30 R21 105Y XL||315/30 R21||105Y||XL||BW||28.5||12.6||10.5 - 11.5||50.0||300/AA/A||34.15||731.0||XL||11.0||9.5||2039.0|
|R21||325/30 R21 108Y XL||325/30 R21||108Y||XL||BW||28.7||13.0||11 - 12||50.0||300/AA/A||34.15||725.0||XL||11.5||9.5||2205.0|
Questions and Answers
Apr 28, 2019Article
Best Summer Tires 2019 by Test Results
Mar 25, 2019Tire Test 2019
AUTO BILD: Summer Tire Test R18Ranked #4th of 11. Michelin Pilot Sport 4
Mar 23, 2019Article
Auto Bild 2019 Summer Tire Test – 225/45 R17
Mar 23, 2019Tire Test 2019
AUTO BILD: Summer Tire Test R17- Winner Michelin Pilot Sport 4
Aug 20, 2018Video
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 vs Pilot Sport 4 S vs Cup 2. The differences tested and explained
It's taken over a year, but it's finally here. What are the differences between the Michelin Pilot Sport 4, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2. The Pilot Sport 4 (MPS4 / PS4) and 4 S (MPS4S / PS4S) are the road tyres, with the 4 designed slightly more for comfort and the 4 S more suited to track work.
Oct 24, 2016Video
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Review
The new PS4 looks great, tread pattern is conservative as ever but this time they've introduced a new sidewall design.
Mar 30, 2016Video
Michelin Pilot Sport 4
The new Pilot Sport 4 tyre from Michelin features 'Dynamic Response' technology which improves on the precise steering feel of previous Pilot Sport models. The new tread pattern adapts continuously to the road, optimising the contact patch at all times. Wide and deep longitudinal grooves also ensure a high level of drainage on wet roads for added safety.
Nov 19, 2015Video
MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4