- Participation of the tire models in professional tire tests and their test scores.
- Consumer reviews on the top tire selling websites.
We gather such data as the numbers of reviews and the ultimate score of the tire model on numerous tire-related websites such as amazon, tirerack, oponeo, simpletire, market.yandex, tyrereviews, and others.
- Reviews written by the visitors to our website tiresvote.com.
Value, max: 100
Popularity of the model 27:
- Year of manufacture.
- The premium brand factor .
- The number of video reviews of the tire on youtube.com .
- The number of news items about the model .
- The number of times the tire was involved in professional tire tests.
- The fact of the tire being on the bestseller lists on such reputed websites as amazon, tirerack, oponeo, simpletire, and others.
- The number of tire types and sizes .
Value, max: unlimited
Value, average: 27
Pirelli Scorpion MTR Tire Rank
The Scorpion MTR is Pirelli's Off-Road Maximum Traction tire, a category often referred to as mud tires, designed for the drivers of pickup trucks, full-size SUVs, Jeeps and dedicated off-road vehicles looking for rugged durability. It's designed to provide go-anywhere capability with traction on a variety of surfaces, including sand, dirt, rock, mud and even light snow.
A durable, chip- and a tear-resistant compound is molded into the Scorpion MTR's purposeful, off-road focused, high-void tread pattern. Massive tread blocks provide the clawing action to help find traction in deep, loose or rough terrain, and the wide grooves with stone bumpers create the self-cleaning capability needed to retain high levels of grip. Alternating shoulder scoops and large, notched over-the-shoulder tread lugs search out any available traction, especially during aired-down operation. In-block sipes provide additional biting edges to help the tire grip in the wet or other slippery conditions. Construction of the Scorpion MTR focuses on reliable performance in the harshest conditions, with a tough, impact-resistant sidewall and thick rim protector to avoid punctures and damage to the tire and the wheel. The two-ply polyester casing sits beneath two wide, high-strength steel belts, and a two-ply nylon cap reinforces the tread area and increases puncture resistance.
- Optimized tread design for less noise and uneven wear with higher mileage
- Excellent self-cleaning ability
- Supports rough terrain and mud conditions
- Optimized tread pattern design enhances handling and control
- Unique grooves improve grip and roadholding
Type and Size
- Tire Model
- Pirelli / Scorpion MTR
- Car Type
- Light Truck / SUV
- Rim Diameter
- 16 "
- 255 / 265 / 285 mm
- Aspect Ratio
- 70 / 75 %
- Mud and Snow
- Extra Load
Speed and Load
- Speed Index
- Q (max 100 mph)
- Load Index (max load for a tire)
Pirelli / Scorpion MTR Sizes & Specifications
|R16||255/70 R16 108Q||255/70 R16||108Q|
|R16||265/75 R16 112/109Q||265/75 R16||112/109Q|
|R16||285/75 R16 116/113Q||285/75 R16||116/113Q|