Falken Espia EPZ II Type: Passenger / Winter
The ESPIA EPZ II ensures driving confidence in the harshest winter conditions. Using the latest technology in tread design, compound and construction, the EPZ II is an excellent blend of winter performance and longer tread wear. The zigzag shape of the main groove is designed to provide resistance to hydroplaning while the tread notches create biting edges for traction on snow and ice. ESPIA EPZ II, designed for the most unforgiving winters.
- Dual-purpose tread pattern (Offering both an ice face and snow face, through a Falken-patented dual tread pattern, which provides for a wider center tread and expanded lateral shoulder area grooves, improving overall grip on snow and ice).
- New canyon sipes technology (Siping inside the block is composed of complex zigzag bodies which are angled and deep to allow the tread to flex and grab additional traction in every winter condition).
- Self-maintenance mechanism (An antiaging agent continues to seep from the base tread to fight ultra violet rays, as well as repeated bending. This enables the tire to work better, by controlling aging and maintaining the fundamental functions of a tire).
- Improved performance (The new tire offers a longer life, better stability and stronger performance than previous studless tires).
- Shoulder-edge wave sipe (Provides a stronger resistance to wandering which encourages a confident and consistent driving experience).
Falken Espia EPZ II
Type and Size
- Tire Model
- Falken Espia EPZ II
- Car Type
- Rim Diameter
- 16 / 17 "
- 205 / 225 mm
- Aspect Ratio
- 45 / 60 %
- Mud and Snow
- Extra Load
Speed and Load
- Speed Index
- T (max 118 mph)
- Load Index (max load for a tire)
Falken Espia EPZ II Modifications
|R16||205/60 R16 96T||205/60 R16||96T|
|R17||225/45 R17 94T||225/45 R17||94T|
Questions and Answers
Jul 20, 2018
Consumer Reports: Passenger Performance Winter/Snow Tires
Yokohama W.Drive V905
Ice braking Snow traction Hydroplaning Noise
Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4
Ice braking Snow traction Hydroplaning Rolling resistance
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32
Ice braking Snow traction Hydroplaning Rolling resistance Noise
Hankook Winter i*cept evo2 W320
Snow traction Noise Hydroplaning Ice braking Wet braking
Falken Espia EPZ II
Ice braking Snow traction Wet braking
- Yokohama W.Drive V905