Toyo Observe GSi-6 HP
Type: Passenger / Winter
Key Facts about Toyo Observe GSi-6 HP:
- Release Date: 2018
- Regions of sales: Northern America
The Toyo Observe GSi-6 HP is a designed for the toughest winter conditions featuring Microbit studless technology. The high performance rated sizes are ideal for passenger cars, sport coupes and some sport SUVs. Significant performance improvements over its predecessor have been achieved using the latest technology. The result is a tire that performs better in snow and ice, with a significant improvement on cold wet roads. Improved performance not only in snow and slush, but on ice and cold wet roads as well. How did Toyo Tire accomplish all of this? Traction from advanced technology.
- Directional tread pattern (A directional tread design with staggered tread blocks maximizes traction and handling while improving ride comfort by reducing road noise).
- Micobit technology in compound (Crushed walnut shells embedded in the tire tread compound dig and bite into the ice surface for improved traction).
- Snow claws (These edges within the tread grooves enhance traction in deep snow or slush).
- 4 Circumferential grooves (4 circumferential grooves efficiently evacuate moisture from under the tire for better grip).
- Tapered evacuation grooves (Tapered evacuation grooves quickly move the water or slush away from the center of the tire to reduce the risk of hydroplaning or getting caught in slushy rutted roads).
- High density 3D sipes (Toyo’s Multi Wave 3D siping provides for more edge effect while ensuring the blocks remain firmer while braking, cornering or accelerating. This improves performance and reduces the risk of irregular wear).
- Spiral edge sipe (A unique 360 degree spiral edge sipe is designed to improve traction while accelerating, cornering or braking).
- Plow edge (A sharp angled leading edge adds edge grip on snow and ice and helps move slush away from the center of the tire).
- Shoulder lightning edge (A jagged lightning style sipe in the shoulder blocks adds lateral traction when cornering).
- Tapered shoulder wedge (A tapered buttress design along with unique outside block grooves on the sidewall adds to the tires ability to navigate slushy rutted roads).
- Serrated stability rib (A continuous centre rib adds stability during highway driving or when changing lanes. A unique serrated design digs into deep snow and slush for better cold weather traction).
- Large inner blocks with saw toothed edges (Larger inner blocks are tied together to add stability at highway speeds, while the saw-tooth edges around the block add biting grip in deep snow and slush covered roads).
- Split offset shoulder blocks (Large outer blocks on the outside shoulder add stability to the tire as well as grabbing power in deep snow. The saw-tooth edges add lateral traction while cornering).
Type and Size
- Tire Model
- Toyo Observe GSi-6 HP
- Car Type
- Rim Diameter
- Aspect Ratio
- Mud and Snow
- Extra Load
Speed and Load
- Speed Index
- Load Index (max load for a tire)
Toyo Observe GSi-6 HP Sizes & Specifications
Questions and Answers
Mar 14, 2019
Jul 26, 2018
OBSERVE GSi-6 HP
Improved performance not only in snow and slush, but on ice and cold wet roads as well. How did Toyo Tire accomplish all of this? Traction from advanced technology.
Jun 26, 2018
Toyo GSi-6 HP