Auto Motor und Sport: UHP Summer Tire Test R20 2019
For 2019, Sport Auto Magazine has tested eight ultra high performance summer tyres in 245/30 R20 using a Civic Type R.
The new Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport wasn't included in the test, and instead the twice replaced Asymmetric 2 was left representing Goodyear. This meant the Continental SportContact 6 and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S could fight it out for the top spot overall.
Continental SportContact 6
Excellent braking performance, quick and accurate steering response and good directional stability. Average comfort, low aquaplaning resistance.
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Best dry braking, good handling in the dry and wet. Average comfort, lower wet grip.
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2
Good dry and wet handling, good comfort. Average braking.
Hankook Ventus S1 evo3 K127
Good braking, good dry handling. Lower wet grip.
Bridgestone Potenza S001
Good braking, good dry handling. Longest wet braking distances, high rolling resistance, noisy.
Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R
Short dry braking, good dry handling. Average aquaplaning resistance, long wet braking.
Falken Azenis FK510
Good wet grip. Long dry braking, slow steering.
Toyo Proxes Sport
Good aquaplaning resistance. Longest dry braking, poor dry handling.
- 2019 AUTO BILD: Summer Tire Test R17
- 2019 ADAC: Summer Tire Test R15
- 2019 Moottori: Summer Tire Test R16
- 2019 Motor NAF/Vi Bilägare: Summer Tire Test (Premium)
- 2019 Autonavigator: Summer Tire Test R16
- 2019 AUTO BILD: Summer Tire Test R18
- 2019 Gute Fahrt: Summer Tire Test R18
- 2019 Auto Zeitung: Summer Tire Test R18
- 2019 Motor NAF/Vi Bilägare: Summer Tire Test (Economy)
- 2019 GTÜ/ACE/ARBÖ: Summer Tire Test R16