- Third-Party Tire Ratings, Bestsellers and Top Lists
- The Best Winter Tires for North America in 2023-2024 by TiresVote.com
The Best Winter Tires for North America in 2023-2024 by TiresVote.com 2024
Navigating the vast landscape of winter tires can be a daunting task. At TiresVote.com, our commitment is to simplify this journey for you. After exhaustive reviews of dozens of professional tests and charts from across the globe, we've distilled the information to present the best winter tires the world has to offer. Our top chart is a harmonious blend of three pivotal categories: Studdable, Studless, and Performance Winter tires. This ensures a comprehensive coverage tailored to diverse winter driving needs. Central to our selection process is the CoreScore, a proprietary metric that gauges the appeal of a tire based on genuine user reviews and the outcomes of rigorous professional tire tests. Our methodology is rooted in in-depth research, subtraction, and elimination processes, ensuring that our recommendations are both reliable and unparalleled in quality. Trust in our expertise and drive confidently, knowing you're equipped with the best.
Nokian Hakkapeliitta 10 - Winner Recommended95 55Verdict:Noise Driving Safety Snow Performance Ice Handling Snow Braking Ice Braking Snow Handling Ice Performance Dry Braking Dry Handling Wet Handling Aquaplaning
The Nokian Hakkapeliitta 10 is a studded winter tire that has consistently demonstrated its prowess in icy conditions, securing its position as a top contender in multiple tire tests and charts over the years. Its exceptional grip on ice and snow, combined with its responsive handling, ensures drivers can navigate winter terrains with confidence. The tire is particularly notable for its strong straight and lateral grip on icy surfaces, ensuring safety and reliability. However, its performance on wet and dry pavements has been observed to be less stellar, with issues like delayed steering response on wet roads and a tendency to understeer on dry surfaces. Despite these challenges, the tire boasts impressive braking performance and offers a quiet ride, with minimal noise intrusion.
North America · Europe
- Superior grip on icy surfaces, ensuring safety and reliability during winter months.
- Responsive handling on both snow and ice, providing drivers with a sense of control.
- Impressive braking performance across various terrains.
- Minimal noise production, ensuring a comfortable and quiet ride.
- Consistent winner and top performer in various tire tests and charts, solidifying its reputation.
Michelin X-Ice North 4 Recommended92 52Verdict:Noise Driving Safety Snow Performance Ice Handling Dry Stability Snow Handling Ice Performance Rolling Resistance Wet Braking Aquaplaning Wet Grip
The Michelin X-Ice North 4 is a studded winter tire, renowned for its exceptional performance on icy terrains, consistently ranking high in various tire tests and charts. It is equipped with numerous spikes, ensuring consistent handling response and retaining grip in diverse situations. This tire is recognized for its high level of driving safety on snow, even though there are models with higher traction in similar conditions. It demonstrates stable behavior on dry pavement without any unpleasant surprises to the driver. However, it has some shortcomings, particularly in wet conditions, exhibiting poor lateral grip and longer braking distances. Despite these, the tire maintains a balanced performance with a relatively low noise level and average rolling resistance.
Canada · Europe · Russia+
- Exceptional grip and handling on icy surfaces, ensuring a high level of safety and stability.
- Consistent and reliable performance on snow, providing good handling response.
- Stable behavior on dry pavement, offering driving stability and confidence.
- Low noise emission compared to other studded tires, contributing to a quieter and more comfortable ride.
- Numerous accolades and high rankings in various tire tests and charts, attesting to its quality and performance.
Hankook Winter i*cept evo3 W330 Recommended90 44Verdict:Snow Performance Wet Braking Wet Performance Driving Safety Aquaplaning Noise Dry Handling Rolling Resistance Comfort
The Hankook Winter i*cept evo3 W330 is a winter tire that consistently delivers a balanced performance across various terrains. It is particularly recognized for its short stopping distances on snow and wet pavement, as well as its crisp handling response in diverse weather conditions. This tire is designed to provide drivers with safety and control, especially in challenging winter conditions. It effectively combats aquaplaning and offers an attractive price point. However, there are some areas where it falls short, such as ride comfort, dry handling performance, and increased noise emission.
USA+ · Canada · Europe · Russia+ · South Korea
- Exceptional performance on snowy and wet surfaces, ensuring safety and stability.
- Effective resistance to aquaplaning, enhancing safety during wet conditions.
- Crisp handling response across various weather conditions, offering drivers a sense of control.
- Attractive price point, providing good value for its performance.
- Consistently high rankings in various tire tests, solidifying its reputation as a reliable winter tire.
Continental VikingContact 7 Recommended89 56Verdict:Snow Performance Noise Snow Handling Driving Safety Ice Performance Ice Handling Wet Braking Comfort Aquaplaning
The Continental VikingContact 7 is a studless winter tire that has consistently been recognized for its superior performance on winter terrains, particularly on ice and snow. It has been a recurrent winner and top contender in various tire tests, showcasing its prowess in ensuring safety, control, and predictability for drivers. The tire is known for its excellent grip, especially on icy and snowy surfaces, and its ability to provide clear feedback to the driver, especially when approaching grip limits. However, it has shown some limitations, particularly on wet pavement, where it exhibits weaker aquaplaning resistance and longer braking distances. Despite these challenges, its performance on winter terrains and its attractive price point make it a top choice for many.
USA+ · Canada · Europe · Russia+ · East Asia
- Exceptional grip and handling on icy and snowy surfaces, ensuring safety and stability during winter months.
- Predictable behavior, especially when pushed to the limit, providing drivers with confidence.
- Consistently high rankings and accolades in various tire tests, solidifying its reputation as a top-tier winter tire.
- Attractive price point, offering good value for its performance.
- Low noise emission, contributing to a quieter and more comfortable ride.
Bridgestone Blizzak LM005 Recommended88 56Verdict:Noise Wet Handling Dry Handling Snow Traction Steering Response Ride Quality Rolling Resistance Wet Braking Snow Braking Dry Braking Lateral Aquaplaning
The Bridgestone Blizzak LM005 has consistently demonstrated its prowess in winter tire tests since its introduction in 2019. This tire is particularly noted for its exceptional wet and dry performance, with accolades such as the EU label A grade for wet grip. It offers excellent snow traction, precise steering response, and short braking distances on both snow and wet pavements. The tire also boasts of low noise emission, low rolling resistance, and contributes to fuel economy. However, it has faced challenges in certain areas like deep water aquaplaning and dry braking in some tests.
Canada · Europe · Russia+
- Outstanding wet performance with neutral or slightly understeering characteristics.
- Impressive resistance to both longitudinal and transverse aquaplaning.
- Commendable cornering stability.
- Dominated in snow tests, achieving top ranks in snow braking and snow traction.
- Precise steering response and good ride comfort.
- Contributes to fuel economy, marking it as an economically efficient tire.
- Low noise emission and low rolling resistance.
Cooper Discoverer True North Recommended86 26Verdict:Snow Performance Snow Handling Noise Snow Braking Ice Performance Ride Quality Dry Braking Wet Handling
The Cooper Discoverer True North is a winter tire that has garnered significant appreciation from users for its exceptional performance in challenging winter conditions. Designed for optimal winter traction, this tire has been recognized for its ability to navigate snowy terrains with ease, ensuring a smooth and quiet ride even on highways. The tire's commendable handling and braking capabilities in snow and ice conditions further enhance its reputation as a reliable winter tire.
USA+ · Canada · Japan · China
- Exceptional performance during snowstorms, enabling vehicles to move forward with ease.
- Provides a smooth and quiet ride on highways.
- Notable winter traction, ensuring excellent behavior in snow and ice conditions.
- Impressive handling and braking capabilities in challenging winter terrains.
- Offers real value for money.
Michelin Alpin 6 Recommended85 55Verdict:Snow Performance Ride Quality Rolling Resistance Wet Performance Treadwear Dry Braking Snow Handling Wet Handling Cabin Noise
The Michelin Alpin 6, despite being a design from 2018, continues to showcase its resilience and performance in winter tire tests. It has been recognized for its commendable snow performance, dry braking capabilities, and improved fuel efficiency. While it has faced challenges in wet handling and cabin noise, the tire has been lauded for its balanced performance across various terrains. Its consistent performance, especially in snowy conditions, coupled with its longevity, makes it a reliable choice for winter driving.
USA+ · Canada · Europe · Russia+ · Japan
- Consistent and commendable performance in snowy conditions, often ranking among the top in various tests.
- Exhibits strong dry braking capabilities.
- Notable improvement in fuel economy, making it competitive with newer models.
- Recognized for its balanced performance across different terrains, including snow, dry, and wet pavements.
- High mileage and low wear, ensuring longevity and value for money.
Bridgestone Blizzak WS90 Recommended85 45Verdict:Dry Traction Snow Traction Ice Traction Ride Quality Ice Braking Dry Braking Aquaplaning Wet Braking
The Bridgestone Blizzak WS90 is a winter tire that has been consistently recognized for its superior performance in challenging winter conditions. Designed primarily for Nordic countries, it has been lauded for its excellent snow traction and braking capabilities on ice. While it has been a top contender in various tire charts and tests, it does exhibit certain limitations in wet braking. Nevertheless, its strengths in ice and snow traction, coupled with commendable dry traction, make it a reliable choice for winter driving.
USA+ · Canada · South Korea
- Exceptional snow traction, ensuring a confident drive in snowy conditions.
- Noteworthy braking capabilities on ice, providing enhanced safety.
- Strong dry traction, ensuring stability and control on dry pavements.
- Commendable ride quality, offering a comfortable driving experience.
- Effective resistance to aquaplaning, ensuring better control in wet conditions.
Nokian Hakkapeliitta R5 Recommended84 43Verdict:Snow Performance Noise Dry Braking Ice Performance Ride Quality Rolling Resistance Wet Braking Wet Handling Aquaplaning
The Nokian Hakkapeliitta R5 is a studless winter tire that has been recognized for its strong performance, especially in Nordic winter conditions. It stands out for its excellent handling response on ice and snow, ensuring dependable control even in challenging situations. While it has showcased commendable dry and wet braking performance, it has faced challenges in aquaplaning resistance and wet grip. The tire is also noted for its high level of comfort, low rolling resistance, and quiet ride. Its performance on snow and ice, coupled with its good traction in deep snow, makes it a reliable choice for winter driving.
North America · Europe · Russia+ · Japan
- Exceptional handling response on ice, ensuring control in diverse situations.
- Confident and logical behavior on snow, providing a safe driving experience.
- Commendable dry braking performance.
- High level of comfort, ensuring a smooth ride.
- Low rolling resistance, contributing to fuel efficiency.
- Quiet ride, enhancing the driving experience.
Hankook Winter i*Pike RS2 W429 Recommended83 42Verdict:Snow Performance Ice Braking Noise Ice Acceleration Ice Performance Rolling Resistance Dry Braking Wet Handling
The Hankook Winter i*Pike RS2 W429 is a studded winter tire that has been consistently recognized for its performance, especially on icy terrains. It ensures quick acceleration and braking on ice and has demonstrated impressive grip on snow. While it has showcased commendable handling on wet pavements, it can behave nervously during abrupt maneuvers. On dry pavements, the tire has faced challenges, especially in braking. Despite these challenges, it remains a reliable choice for winter driving, particularly in icy conditions.
USA+ · Canada · Europe · Russia+
- Excellent performance on ice, ensuring quick acceleration and braking.
- Impressive grip on snow, providing a safe driving experience.
- Relatively low noise emission, contributing to a quieter ride.
- Low rolling resistance, enhancing fuel efficiency.
- Max Score, points
- Auto Type
- List Type
- Top Chart
- North America
- Date added
- Sep 27, 2023