- Participation of the tire models in professional tire tests and their test scores.
- Consumer reviews on the top tire selling websites.
We gather such data as the numbers of reviews and the ultimate score of the tire model on numerous tire-related websites such as amazon, tirerack, oponeo, simpletire, market.yandex, tyrereviews, and others.
- Reviews written by the visitors to our website tiresvote.com.
Value, max: 100
Popularity of the model 25:
- Year of manufacture.
- The premium brand factor .
- The number of video reviews of the tire on youtube.com .
- The number of news items about the model .
- The number of times the tire was involved in professional tire tests.
- The fact of the tire being on the bestseller lists on such reputed websites as amazon, tirerack, oponeo, simpletire, and others.
- The number of tire types and sizes .
Value, max: unlimited
Value, average: 27
We spent several hours reading reviews from experts and tire owners. In summary, this is what people think about Michelin Alpin A4. You can agree with these conclusions by voting for any item:
Reasons to buy vote if agree
— Links to resources with reviews to which we referred.
— Add your comment if you have any notes or objections.
A premium tire with the highest mileage.
Handling is fully comparable with competing tyres, but is unbeatable in cost savings. It has by far the highest mileage (compared to the competition up to 35% better) while maintaining excellent driving properties. Investment in this tire is definitely worth it. It's successor Michelin Alpin 5 However, the results aren't particullary good - that's why we recommend rather this older model.
The new Michelin Alpin A4 tire allows you to drive in confidence through snow, ice and rain year after year.
- Start 10% Easier on Snow Covered and Icy Roads (With 50% more gripping edges, the tread pattern provides ultimate efficiency in both lateral and longitudinal grip, while the high-density sipes provide excellent snow and ice traction. The StabiliGrip, a 3D sipe technology, provides more rigidity for better handling and braking on ice, snow and black roads)
- Stops 5% Shorter on Snow Covered and Wet Roads (With Helio Compound, a new formula of full silica-based tread rubber compound with sunflower oil, the new Michelin Alpin A4 tire maintains its elasticity at low temperatures for enhanced performance and braking power on wet, snow covered and icy roads)
- Drive an Extra Winter Season (The Michelin Alpin A4 tire has optimal wear resistance providing longer lasting performance than certain leading competitors.The tire's new tread rubber formula and full depth sipes ensure traction on slippery roads for the life of the tire)
Type and Size
- Tire Model
- Michelin Alpin A4
- Car Type
- Rim Diameter
- 14 / 15 / 16 / 17 "
- 165 / 175 / 185 / 195 / 205 / 215 / 225 mm
- Aspect Ratio
- 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 %
- Mud and Snow
- Extra Load
Speed and Load
- Speed Index
- H (max 130 mph) ... V (max 149 mph)
- Load Index (max load for a tire)
Michelin Alpin A4 Sizes & Specifications
Note! Many sizes of this line have been discontinued.
|Rim||Model||Size||Index||Features||Sidewall styling||Overall diameter||Section width||Approved rim width||Max inflation pressure||Utqg||Tire weight||Revs per mile||Load range||Measured rim width||Tread depth||Max load at cold inflation pressure|
|R17||225/50 R17 94H||225/50 R17||94H||BW||25.91||9.17||6 - 8||51.0||28.66||803.0||7.0||10.0||1477.0|