ADAC: Winter Tire Test R15 2019
Traditionally, at the height of the tire industry’s winter season, Germany’s publication ADAC is announcing the results of its comparative tests. This year, just as always, the readers are in for the results of two winter tests that totally involved 31 winter studless tires in the sizes of 185/65 R15 T and 205/65 R16C T (up to 190 km/h). We will start our review with the first test that covered the tires designed to be installed on compact cars.
During the winter tire test 185/65 R15 (which is currently the bestselling tire size in the segment of compact vehicles) the experts tested and evaluated 16 tire models by ADAC’s typical 18 individual criteria.
It must be noted that three out of the 16 chosen models were discarded very early on by the testers themselves. For example, in 2019, Goodyear UltraGrip 9 was updated by the manufacturer up to UltraGrip 9+, Nokian WR Snowproof replaced the outdated WR D4, and Michelin Alpin A4 still in 2018 got a «grandson» named Michelin Alpin A6.
- 2019 Auto Bild: Large Winter Tire Test R17
- 2019 Vi Bilägare: Winter Studded Tire Test R17
- 2019 Teknikens Värld: Large Winter Tire Test R17
- 2019 Vi Bilägare: Winter Studless Tire Test R17
- 2019 Sport Auto: Winter Tire Test R18
- 2019 Auto Zeitung: Winter Tire Test R17
- 2019 Auto Express: Winter Tire Test R17
- 2019 L’Argus: Winter Tire Test R16