Auto Express: Winter Tire Test R17 2019
The expert team of Great Britain’s Auto Express that performed a test of winter tires in the size of 225/45 R17 now knows the answer to the question which of the models is the best to tackle freeze and snow.
Getting ahead of our story, we will start off by mentioning that the test involved two facilities belonging to one of the interested parties: the «white» tests were conducted in Finland at the state-of-the-art test track White Hell (belongs to Nokian), while the cabin noise and hydroplaning resistance tests were done at a Nokian factory in the city of Nokia. But then again, ultimately it turned out that being in their own territory did not help Nokian tires much.
All the other disciplines were conducted at the test facility ATP Papenburg in Germany. Most of the tests were conducted by the pilots of Auto Express.
The list of ten winter models of the popular 225/45 R17 size was augmented by the experts with all-season and summer tires, which won in the respective tests earlier conducted by AE, in order to see how these would perform in different weather conditions.
- Tire Test Original Link
- Visit Website
- Max Score, points
- Tire Size
- Auto Type
- List Type
- Professional Tire Test
- Date added
- Nov 27, 2019
- Date updated
- Aug 23, 2020
- 2019 Auto Bild: Large Winter Tire Test R17
- 2019 Vi Bilägare: Winter Studded Tire Test R17
- 2019 Teknikens Värld: Large Winter Tire Test R17
- 2019 Vi Bilägare: Winter Studless Tire Test R17
- 2019 Sport Auto: Winter Tire Test R18
- 2019 Auto Zeitung: Winter Tire Test R17
- 2019 ADAC: Winter Tire Test R15
- 2019 L’Argus: Winter Tire Test R16