Auto Bild: Large Winter Tire Test R17 2019
The selection of winter tires is tremendous and confusing. Premium, budget, and medium-class tires are available for all tastes and budgets — but do they all ensure the level of safety promised by the tire makers? This question is answered in the new publication of Germany’s Auto Bild.
Having bought anonymously 53 tire sets online, Auto Bild experts indeed conducted a «large» comparative test of winter tires 2019 in the size of 225/45 R17, which is currently considered to be the best selling tire size for compact and medium sized vehicles.
During the first (elimination) round, the experts tested the tires’ wet braking performance, and on the basis of the obtained results, 23 models were eliminated, whose braking distances turned out to be the longest of all.
- 2019 Vi Bilägare: Winter Studded Tire Test R17
- 2019 Teknikens Värld: Large Winter Tire Test R17
- 2019 Vi Bilägare: Winter Studless Tire Test R17
- 2019 Sport Auto: Winter Tire Test R18
- 2019 Auto Zeitung: Winter Tire Test R17
- 2019 ADAC: Winter Tire Test R15
- 2019 L’Argus: Winter Tire Test R16
- 2019 Auto Express: Winter Tire Test R17