- Participation of the tire models in professional tire tests and their test scores.
- Consumer reviews on the top tire selling websites.
We gather such data as the numbers of reviews and the ultimate score of the tire model on numerous tire-related websites such as amazon, tirerack, oponeo, simpletire, market.yandex, tyrereviews, and others.
- Reviews written by the visitors to our website tiresvote.com.
Value, max: 100
Popularity of the model 37:
- Year of manufacture.
- The premium brand factor .
- The number of video reviews of the tire on youtube.com .
- The number of news items about the model .
- The number of times the tire was involved in professional tire tests.
- The fact of the tire being on the bestseller lists on such reputed websites as amazon, tirerack, oponeo, simpletire, and others.
- The number of tire types and sizes .
Value, max: unlimited
Value, average: 27
- All-Weather Traction
- Wet Traction
- Dry Traction
According to the tire maker, the Michelin CrossClimate 2 is “the most versatile and advanced passenger tire that Michelin has developed in more than two decades.” The wide size range of this model makes it possible to fit it on passenger cars, SUVs, and crossovers. The Michelin CrossClimate 2 made its debut during a July 22 virtual launch event for Michelin tire dealers. It came to replace the 2015 model Michelin CrossClimate, which, when released, was positioned as a summer tire, but was later on approved to be used in the wintertime, which turned it into “a summer tire with winter capabilities”. However, it must also be noted that the Michelin CC2 will also replace such models as CrossClimate+, CrossClimate SUV, Premier A/S, and Premier LTX.
This second-generation tire, characterized by all-weather traction, higher resistance to wear, and long expected mileage, significantly raised the bar for safety. It is noted that the tests of the Michelin CrossClimate 2, carried out by one of the independent organizations, confirmed their high level of grip on snow, and, more importantly, in a worn condition. The Michelin tire delivered up to 31% better snow traction when worn than four leading all-season worn competitive tires. In addition, new all-season tires from the French tire maker outperform their competitors:
- on dry pavement, where the stopping distance demonstrated by the CrossClimate 2 was 4.8 meters shorter than that of its competitors;
- on wet pavement, where even in a worn state the Michelin tires bring the car to a standstill, while the other cars on other tires are still moving at a speed of 38 km/h;
- in longevity: the CrossClimate 2 ensures an extra year of tread life when compared to the other competing tires.
The tread pattern of the Michelin CrossClimate 2 has kept up the direction and the symmetry of its predecessor. The V-formation tread pattern ensures quick evacuation of water and melted snow from the contact area and increases the tire’s hydroplaning resistance, which leads to a more stable behavior of the vehicle on wet pavement. The design of the lamellas has been changed: they became more figured, which made them look more like the lamellas of dedicated winter tires. Thus, the engineers found a way to enhance the edge effect and the traction delivered by the Michelin CrossClimate 2 on slight snow. The thermal-adaptive tread compound an outstanding level of grip in any weather conditions. The rubber compound also serves to reduce the tire’s rolling resistance, which is a determining factor in the vehicle’s energy efficiency, and increases the CrossClimate 2’s resistance to wear and tear, thereby increasing the tread life (the tire is backed by a 96,000 km treadwear warranty).
Type and Size
- Tire Model
- Michelin / CrossClimate 2
- Car Type
- All Season
- Rim Diameter
- 16 / 17 / 18 / 19 / 20 "
- 205 / 215 / 225 / 235 / 245 mm
- Aspect Ratio
- 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 %
- Mud and Snow
- Extra Load
Speed and Load
- Speed Index
- H (max 130 mph) ... V (max 149 mph)
- Load Index (max load for a tire)
Michelin / CrossClimate 2 Sizes & Specifications
|Rim||Model||Size||Index||Features||Utqg||Static loaded radius||Sidewall styling||Tread width||Revs per mile||Overall diameter||Max inflation pressure||Load range||Overall width||Price|
|R16||205/55 R16 91H||205/55 R16||91H|
|R16||205/55 R16 91V||205/55 R16||91V|
|R16||205/65 R16 95H||205/65 R16||95H|
|R16||215/55 R16 97H XL||215/55 R16||97H||XL||XL|
|R17||215/50 R17 95H XL||215/50 R17||95H||XL||XL|
|R17||215/50 R17 95V XL||215/50 R17||95V||XL||XL|
|R17||215/55 R17 94H||215/55 R17||94H|
|R17||215/55 R17 94V||215/55 R17||94V|
|R17||225/50 R17 98H XL||225/50 R17||98H||XL||XL|
|R17||225/50 R17 98V XL||225/50 R17||98V||XL||XL|
|R17||225/55 R17 101H XL||225/55 R17||101H||XL||XL|
|R17||225/55 R17 101V XL||225/55 R17||101V||XL||XL|
|R17||235/65 R17 104H||235/65 R17||104H|
|R18||225/55 R18 98H||225/55 R18||98H|
|R18||235/50 R18 97H||235/50 R18||97H|
|R18||235/50 R18 97V||235/50 R18||97V|
|R18||235/55 R18 100H||235/55 R18||100H|
|R18||235/55 R18 100V||235/55 R18||100V|
|R18||235/60 R18 107H XL||235/60 R18||107H||XL||XL|
|R18||235/60 R18 107V XL||235/60 R18||107V||XL||XL|
|R19||235/50 R19 103V XL||235/50 R19||103V||XL||XL|
|R19||235/55 R19 105H XL||235/55 R19||105H||XL||XL|
|R19||235/55 R19 105V XL||235/55 R19||105V||XL||XL|
|R19||245/55 R19 103V||245/55 R19||103V|
|R20||245/50 R20 102V||245/50 R20||102V|